• Black/White
  • White/Black
  • Yellow/Blue
  • Standard

Current Style: Standard

-A A +A

CRS, Balaramapuram

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

The Coconut Research Station was established in 1948 at Pachalloor, near the College of Agriculture, Vellayani by the Department of Agriculture, Kerala as a scheme partly financed by the Indian Central Coconut Committee. Later during the period 1963 - 64, it was shifted to a  garden land of 14.13 ha. at Kattachalkuzhy, about 4.0 km south of Balaramapuram on the Vizhinjam - Balaramapuram road.  The station was taken over by the Kerala Agricultural University in February 1972. 

The mandate of the station is to evolve agro-techniques for coconut-based farming system in red loam soils, pest and disease management  in coconut and inter-cropping in coconut.

Translations

English Arabic French German Hindi Italian Russian Spanish

Address

:+91-471-2382239